Monday, June 8, 2009

Do You Twitter?

(IIABA's Virtual University VUpoint Newsletter Vol. 10, No. 12 - Issue #233 - Friday, June 5, 2009 )

The Virtual University is Now Tweeting http://twitter.com/BigIVU

I told someone recently that Jeff Yates, executive director of the Agents Council for Technology (ACT), has been trying to drag me kicking and screaming into the 21st century of online social media like Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, et al. So, I've bit the bullet and set up a Twitter account for the VU:

http://twitter.com/BigIVU

If you Twitter, be sure to visit this page and become a BigIVU "follower." If you don't have a Twitter account, you can set one up and subscribe. If you're not sure what to do, neither was I and I'm still learning.

I promise that you won't find any "tweets" like "Had a great philly cheesesteak sandwich for lunch, 32 minutes ago" or "Saw Star Trek, great flick, popcorn stale, 2 days ago." What I plan on using this service for is important and/or time-sensitive announcements about the VU and other resources. I don't plan on twittering every new article added to the VU, but I'll try to flag significant additions and keep you posted on breaking news and upcoming events of interest.

As I mentioned, I'm learning how to most effectively use what could be a very valuable information tool, so your comments are welcome as this service progresses.

P.S. One of the big announcements made by Conan O'Brien as new host of the Tonight Show was that YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook were merging. The new web site is www.YouTwitFace.com.

No comments: